Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blockages, Roadblocks & Detours Build a Little Birdhouse In My Mind...



They have moved in; all three of them.  I didn't really prepare the guest room for them, but they've made themselves comfortable.  Looks like they will be here for a while.


All the best laid plans and education in the world can't prepare you for the kick to the pills that comes when the potential dream job for which you interviewed, email breaks up with you.


It's just so harsh. So cold. So digital for this analog heart...


All those dreams and imaginings of joyfully sharing the world that you traded up. Dreams of telling E.I. that you just don't need their help anymore.  Dreams of packing up and moving away to start the career you should have had from the start.  Dreams of showing that you got up, brushed off the humiliation of being laid-off from your FIRST dream job and went out there and did one better...they all got tossed out of my mind the moment I read the potential dream job break-up email.


Then? Vacuum...followed by the sounds of mini saws, hammers and steel toed boots constructing the official offices of Blockages, Roadblocks and Universal Detours.


They have moved in and built that little birdhouse in my mind.


I hope they don't poop on my head EVERY day.


There's a song for that (thanks to They Might Be Giants)...








No comments:

Post a Comment